
Oh, gosh! I haven't updated since MAY! Wow, that's a long time ago. Well, sorry for the looong delay, but I've been reading alot and lots has been happening. Here's my review on just one of the books I've read...
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett:
Chasing Vermeer is about two kids, Calder Pillay and Petra Andalee, on a search to find a stolen painting by Vermeer. The crime turns into a worldwide event, and a big change in history, and just about everyone knows about it. But, it's only Petra and Calder that figure out that there may be more to it than what it seems. There's been a series of even small events or bits of information, and they all seem to connect in certain ways!
This book is exciting, adventurous, and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was a great read, and never got boring. What I really liked about it, though, was that the characters were so well drawn out, and you really felt like you knew them. They describe things well in this book, but they're not too descriptive. The way these characters think is really interesting, and sort of exciting in a way.
I give it three and a half stars, and can't wait to read the second book!
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett:
Chasing Vermeer is about two kids, Calder Pillay and Petra Andalee, on a search to find a stolen painting by Vermeer. The crime turns into a worldwide event, and a big change in history, and just about everyone knows about it. But, it's only Petra and Calder that figure out that there may be more to it than what it seems. There's been a series of even small events or bits of information, and they all seem to connect in certain ways!
This book is exciting, adventurous, and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was a great read, and never got boring. What I really liked about it, though, was that the characters were so well drawn out, and you really felt like you knew them. They describe things well in this book, but they're not too descriptive. The way these characters think is really interesting, and sort of exciting in a way.
I give it three and a half stars, and can't wait to read the second book!
No comments:
Post a Comment