Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Grey Griffins book 1: The Revenge of the Shadow King


Enjoy my new review, and sorry for making you wait so long for it!
The Revenge of the Shadow King by Derek Benz and J.S. Lewis:
The only people in all of Avalon, Minnesota, that play the card game of Round Table are the Secret Order of the Grey Griffins, made up of Max Sumner (leader), Natalia Romanov, Harley Eisenstein (Warden), and Ernie Tweeny; and, of course, the one who taught them to play, Iver. Or so they thought it was a game. This amazing story tells of what troubles the Grey Griffins face when they find out something's after them, something inhuman, and something that's also in their Round Table "game". The Revenge of the Shadow King is a great story, filled with action, adventure, fantasy, and more!
I liked this book, because the authors make the characters believable; I say that, because sometimes, you'll find the kids in stories unbelievably mentally strong, knowing what to do all the time, and not having a problem doing it, whatever the price to pay. I guess what I just said shows more in book 2, but still! I also like this book, because it was a somewhat long book, but it was fast-paced, too. You'd start reading it, and a short time later, you're thinking to yourself "I got that far, already?" I think that the only thing I didn't really like about this book was that it's kind of weird how, in one year, this kid Ray Fisher went from one of Max's closest friends to his worst enemy; It's kind of confusing, in my opinion, how exactly he got that way, and I wish they explained it a bit better. I give this book 3 stars, and I'd definitely suggest this book to anyone who likes fantasy/adventure/action books!

No comments: