I have absolutely no reason to ignore this blog for so long, except a completely and utterly irresistible and addicting book! The book is called "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer; she wrote two sequels to that book, also: the second book is "New Moon", and the third is "Eclipse". The three are extremely addicting and I highly recommend the books, if you like a love story with a major twist. Well, enough with the gibber jabber, let's get to the review--Twilight by Stephenie Meyer:
Twilight is one book where you just can't find the words to explain it. It is a love story, and that might gross some kids out, but it's definitely a book to consider anyways. If you like mushy gushy love stories, move along and don't even bother reading this review...If you like love stories with a TWIST, keep reading!
Twilight is a book about 17 year old Isabella Swan, who moves into a town called Forks. Forks, Washington, is a place where it rarely is sunny. Bella moves in with her father, Charlie, and away from her mother, Renee, in Phoenix. The reason she moves is definitely not because she likes Forks; It's because her mother has remarried after the divorce between Renee and Charlie. Her new husband's name is Phil, and he travels a lot; Renee had to stay behind while he went on his trips, because someone had to watch Bella. So, Bella decided to lift that problem off her mom's shoulders, and move. At first, every thing's working out fine; she makes friends, has good grades, and likes living with her dad. But this story isn't about how she gets along well in Forks, it's how she doesn't. She soon finds that she's crazy about a mysterious bronze-haired boy name Edward Cullen; but, her problems don't end when it seems that he takes no interest in her...they've only just begun. Later, you find that Edward has no problem with Bella, except that he's hiding something from the world...something big.
Edward tries to avoid Bella, but he finds that he's attracted to her, too. Bella later finds out Edward's big secret--he and his family are vampires. Edward's family is made up of-Emmet, Edward's brother; Esme, his mother; Carlisle, his father; Rosalie, Emmet's wife; Alice, his sister; and their newest addition, Jasper, Alice's boyfriend...all vampires. Edward and his family consider themselves "vegetarians" (in their terms, it means that they don't drink human blood, but animals'). Bella and Edward run into trouble as they attempt to keep Cullens' vampire identities a secret. Another problem, is that Bella is so much in love with Edward that she'd be willing to give up the rest of her human years to be with him forever, and turn herself into a vampire; but, she wants Edward to be the one to change her, and he's not too sure. If I were her, I would probably want to be a vampire myself.
I like these books, because of the way Stephenie Meyer writes. She really makes it seem like you know the characters, and she puts you right there in the story from the first page to the last.
I'd give these books 2 1/2 stars for the story, 4 stars for the Cullens! (KidKritic Note to Reader: If you're wondering why I wrote such a happy review on this book, then gave the story 2 1/2 stars, you should read my new post titled "Been Thinking...")
4 comments:
Wow, I can't wait to read those books. Thanks for letting me know about them. I never even heard of them before. Can't wait for the movie too, but I hope it's better than Spiderwick, since you didn't like that one.
What are you reading now? Do you read all the time???
i read twilight and HATED it it was far to luvy duvy and the vampires are'nt even close to the real thing
first of all vampires do NOT get burnt by the sun they merely hate it and get blinded by it. plus the fangs don't give them away and ok i admit it has great litteture but i think that the story is dull and it dos'nt have any good suspense i can't wait to hear your new review. :)
I actually loved the new concept of vampires - sparkly skin, reflection, no coffins :P
It's something new. If I wanted to read classics I'd reach for Bram Stoker or Anne Rice, which I'm going to do anyway :P
That was a nice review, Kid Kritic ;)
The Cullens are great!! lol
Post a Comment